AusGroup was engaged to carry out to the adjustment of the cooling fan blades of the Fin Fans on Train 1 and 2 at the Wheatstone facility.
- Daytime temperatures limited the number of fans that could be shut down simultaneously. Cooler temperatures overnight made it possible to shut down a bank of 3 fans simultaneously which allowed the crew to carry out the adjustment on these units in one shift.
- The high temperatures and humidity had the potential to cause fatigue issues for the crews. Working at night addressed this and a mid-campaign RDO helped ensure the crews avoided the fatigue problems often associated with an extended period of nightshift.
- Working conditions and adherence to a tight schedule were monitored and support was provided by AGC’s onsite Supervisors and HES personnel throughout the campaign by implementing split shifts to support the crew.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Optimizing efficiencies during the campaign to generate time/cost savings.
- Savings Realised 10% reduction in cost ($37k) from Tr1 to Tr2.
Woodside-operated North West Shelf (NWS) Project – Karratha Gas Plant (KGP) Multidiscipline Services Agreement (MDSA)
The scope of work focused on mechanical works, structural steel, site installation and welding, inspection, cladding…
Rio Tinto – Rope Access Maintenance Crews Pilbara Mine Sites
AusGroup was contracted by Rio Tinto to provide a pool of Rope Access technicians for maintenance…
GLNG Maintenance – Scaffold Supply and Design
MAS supported the project by providing scaffolding material directly to UGL, who are undertaking the maintenance…