AusGroup was engaged to carry out to the adjustment of the cooling fan blades of the Fin Fans on Train 1 and 2 at the Wheatstone facility.
- Daytime temperatures limited the number of fans that could be shut down simultaneously. Cooler temperatures overnight made it possible to shut down a bank of 3 fans simultaneously which allowed the crew to carry out the adjustment on these units in one shift.
- The high temperatures and humidity had the potential to cause fatigue issues for the crews. Working at night addressed this and a mid-campaign RDO helped ensure the crews avoided the fatigue problems often associated with an extended period of nightshift.
- Working conditions and adherence to a tight schedule were monitored and support was provided by AGC’s onsite Supervisors and HES personnel throughout the campaign by implementing split shifts to support the crew.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Optimizing efficiencies during the campaign to generate time/cost savings.
- Savings Realised 10% reduction in cost ($37k) from Tr1 to Tr2.
Wheatstone Turnaround Planning (TAR 501/502)
The Wheatstone Asset’s turnaround (TAR) maintenance project commenced with the extensive planning services provided by AusGroup…
Alcoa of Australia Multidiscipline Services Contract
AGC was awarded a five year contract covering a range of mechanical, electrical and scaffolding services.…
Thevenard Island Retirement Project – Deconstruction
Initial scope included the demolition of the Old Accommodation Camp and removal and disposal of underground…