AusGroup was engaged to carry out to the adjustment of the cooling fan blades of the Fin Fans on Train 1 and 2 at the Wheatstone facility.
- Daytime temperatures limited the number of fans that could be shut down simultaneously. Cooler temperatures overnight made it possible to shut down a bank of 3 fans simultaneously which allowed the crew to carry out the adjustment on these units in one shift.
- The high temperatures and humidity had the potential to cause fatigue issues for the crews. Working at night addressed this and a mid-campaign RDO helped ensure the crews avoided the fatigue problems often associated with an extended period of nightshift.
- Working conditions and adherence to a tight schedule were monitored and support was provided by AGC’s onsite Supervisors and HES personnel throughout the campaign by implementing split shifts to support the crew.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Optimizing efficiencies during the campaign to generate time/cost savings.
- Savings Realised 10% reduction in cost ($37k) from Tr1 to Tr2.
Woodside Greater Western Flank – Subsea Pipe Spools
As part of the Greater Western Flank Project Phase 1, AGC was subcontracted by Fugro-TSM to…
Chevron Gorgon BOG Flare Maintenance
The scope involved recoating the entire BOG Flare pipeline in the SA Modules. The larger diameter…
Cockburn Cement Refractory Maintenance
AGC has worked with Cockburn Cement for more than 10 years, providing integrated refractory services across…